F I S H I N G R E P O R T S:
Tawakoni, September 11, 2005
I fished today with Don and fellow TFFr Steve (danceswithquail), his son Tyler and their friend Byron. Don had booked the trip but with a little more room in the boat he invited me to come along and help.
We found out that this is really a benefit for our clients because they get our help and we also can help more than one person at a time.
The rounds were once again made:
- Rock Ledge - 7 or 8 nice Sandies
- Humps East of Murrell - 2 dozoen more or better
- Murrell - not much where we tried but gald to see Jeff and Matthew did well there.
- The Island - just 2 Snadies
- Meadowmere - Nothing there but at least Steve knows where they are now
- The Rock Crusher Humps - Lots and lots of fish off of just one hump!
Steve really wanted to learn the lake and to understand how to fish slabs. I am pretty confident with Don's there to lead we did just that.
Tyler caught the first fish, the biggest fish and pretty close to the most fish. I almost feel sorry for Steve to be that outfished, but then again that's what all dads love to see.
The water is pretty clear and was in the low 80's. The fish were primarily again between 16 and 22 feet deep. Almost all were caught on RSR Chartreuse Shad Slabs and we didn't have to troll at all. The Fall pattern seems to be almost beginning except they are still moving real fast! We kept 55 and caught and released another 25 to 30 fish.
Thanks Don for letting me deck for you!
E-mail me if I can be of any use or help to you in anyway.